What HP3 does…
Augments the great work of the public schools and social organizations and performs certain tasks not currently executed in the community.
- Brief students and parents on career fields, how to identify a student’s talents and interests, and how to develop a career plan that leads to a living wage job. This process begins in 6th grade in middle school and is reinforced in 9th grade in high school.
- Provide mentors as needed to individuals from middle age school thru post-high school early adult age.
- Provide students structured exposure to career fields through career tours, apprenticeships, and presentations.
- Assist with transportation - eliminate transportation as the obstacle to achieving a true living wage job.
- Conduct an annual Partnership assessment , adjust the effort, and identify other collective community actions required to achieve the singular goal.